COHHIO’s Youth Housing Initiative seeks to reduce the barriers that prevent Ohio’s youth at risk-of or experiencing homelessness and young adults from gaining access to housing, services and stability through furthering advocacy, training and education in order to put an end to youth homelessness across our state. The program also aims to provide at-risk and youth experiencing homelessness with tools and information to assist them as they navigate systems and communities for supports and services.
Text the keyword 4hope to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor within 5 minutes. Any person may need help in coping with a stressful situation. Reach out by text to communicate with someone trained to listen and respond in a method that is private, secure, and confidential.
The Youth Housing Initiative has developed Taking Charge, an online tool that supports and empowers transition age youth through self-advocacy. This resource assists youth in understanding both their rights and responsibilities. Developed in partnership with youth & young adults, Taking Charge targets 16-24 year-olds and covers 12 topics, including education, well-being, housing and foster care to name a few.
Transition Aged Youth (TAY) Providers & Partners Mailing List
The TAY Providers & Partners Mailing List is an email listserv operated by the COHHIO Youth Housing Initiative. The listserv uplifts youth homelessness and housing advocacy efforts. The email listserv provides state level updates impacting youth homelessness-housing, resources, education, funding opportunities, and more.
To join the listserv send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added. If you have information you’d like COHHIO to consider for sharing send an email to email@example.com and your information will be considered. An archive of listserv messages from the past 6 months is below.
- Announcement: Opening of the Ohio Ombudsman Office sent 6/6/2022
- Reminder: Statewide Peer to Peer Call Invitation sent 6/7/2022
- FYI: DOT Announces New Grants to Address Homelessness Through Transit Planning sent 6/9/2022
- Pride Month, Juneteenth, and Homelessness Awareness sent 6/16/2022
- Statewide Peer to Peer Call Invitation July 2022 sent 6/21/2022
- State of Housing in Ohio: Virtual Forums Available sent 6/23/2022
- Strategies for Addressing Discrimination: Housing Provider’s Use of Criminal Records sent 7/6/2022
- August Statewide Peer to Peer Call Invitation sent 7/26/2022
- Utility Assistance Program Expansion & Virtual Human Trafficking Training Opportunities sent 7/28/2022
- For Immediate Release: Rapidly Rising Rents Keep Homes Out of Reach in Ohio sent 7/28/2022
- Request for Proposals: Direct Cash Transfers sent 8/1/2022
- Statewide Training Announcement: Authentic Youth Collaboration sent 8/17/2022
- September Statewide Peer to Peer Call Invitation sent 8/24/2022
- Extended RFP Deadline – Direct Cash Transfers Pilot sent 8/31/2022
- Ohio Department of Health Homeless Youth Solicitation Posted sent 1/11/2023
- Recruiting Youth to Participate in Collaborating for Change sent 1/30/2023
- Ending of SNAP Federal Emergency Allotments Communications sent 2/9/2023
- COVID Hotel/Motel List No Longer Valid sent 2/13/2023
- Survey for Ohio’s State Health Assessment sent 2/13/2023
- COHHIO is Hiring! sent 2/17/2023
- SURE RFP sent 2/23/2023
- Register Now for the Housing Ohio Conference sent 03/02/2023
- Training Announcement: HBAH: Harm Reduction with Expectant Women sent 03/07/2023
- 24/25 QAP Planning Survey sent 03/20/23
- RHY NOFAs Available sent 4/13/2023
- Paid Participation Opportunity for Youth & Young Adults: Working Groups for the State Index on Youth Homelessness sent 4/13/2023
- Additional Funding Opportunities sent 4/13/2023
- New Job Posting at Development sent 4/13/2023
- HUD Publishes the FY22 YHDP NOFO sent 4/18/2023
- Ohio After-school Child Enrichment Educational Savings Program sent 4/18/2023
- Job Posting ODOD sent 4/24/23
- Notice of Funding Opportunity – Street Outreach Program sent 4/26/23
- Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant Public Comment Survey sent 5/3/2023
COHHIO Youth Updates
The Gap Report 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 16, 2023 Report Shows Ohio’s Affordable Housing Shortage Getting Worse Housing advocates [...]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Statement on Gov. DeWine Signing HB 45
Jan. 6, 2023Amy Riegel, executive director of the Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio, issued [...]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Lame Duck Statehouse Exacerbates Ohio’s Affordable Housing Crisis
DEC. 21, 2022 Lame Duck Statehouse Exacerbates Ohio’s Affordable Housing Crisis Advocates Urge DeWine to Use [...]
Help VETO Bad Housing Amendments!
During this week’s chaotic lame duck session, Statehouse leaders passed two last-minute amendments threatening the continued [...]
Affordable Housing Under Attack! (yet again)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DEC. 14, 2022 Housing Advocates Oppose Tax Increase on Workforce and Senior Housing [...]
Invest in Ohio’s Housing Recovery
(Updated November 2022) COHHIO and over 260 companies and organizations are asking Gov. Mike DeWine and [...]
For more information, please contact Amanda Wilson, Youth Housing Initiative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.