COHHIO is first and foremost a coalition, a coalition of individuals and organizations working together to create an Ohio where everyone has access to a safe, decent, stable affordable place to call home.
The two primary ways COHHIO strives for positive change is through public policy advocacy and best practices training. Educating state and federal policymakers about housing needs and solutions promotes adequate funding and better policies at the Statehouse and Congress. Educating homeless services providers about evidence-based methods promotes effective programs that quickly move people out of homelessness into permanent housing.
COHHIO members help inform the coalition’s advocacy and education priorities. So join us and take a seat at the table as we work together to shape public policy that opens the door to home for all Ohioans.
Organizational membership also comes with several benefits that help make your agency stronger and more effective:
- Staff of member organizations get a significant discount on registration to attend COHHIO’s annual conference.
- Member agencies may be eligible to participate in our group rating program with Sedgwick, which offers deep discounts on workers’ compensation insurance.
- Organizational members are eligible for our Multiple Employer Plan (MEP), which offers Mutual of America’s excellent retirement benefits to your agency’s staff at a discount and with reduced administrative burden.
Membership dues are based on a sliding scale according to your organization’s annual budget:
- Revenue less than $250,000 = $75
- Revenue between $250,000 – $1 million = $200
- Revenue between $1 – $2 million = $300
- Revenue between $2 – $5 million = $400
- Revenue between $5 – $10 million = $500
- Revenue more than $10 million = $650
Individual members are also a key part of our coalition! We welcome everyone who wants to join our efforts to advocate for sound, achievable policies that reduce homelessness and expand affordable housing in Ohio.