“I believe we ought to do all we can and lift ourselves by our own bootstraps, but it’s a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
R.E.A.C.H Ohio/COHHIO’s Racial Equity Committee(REC) is happy to announce a new Racial Equity and Homelessness 101 training.
This Interactive training was developed as a level-setting tool for understanding Race Equity and an exploration of how homeless systems are impacted by internal, structural, and systemic racism. This training is geared towards professionals working in the homeless and housing system, but encourages other systems/professionals to attend as well. After completing both parts, participants will receive a certificate and 8 Social Work CEUs (if applicable).
Objectives of the training:
- Learners will solidify understanding of key race terminology
- Learners will hone discussion skills
- Learners will understand the link between the history of structural racism and the current homeless system crisis
By accepting this invitation you agree to:
- Participate in both parts of the training
- Share your knowledge and experience
- Come with an open mind and willingness to share
- Video camera turned on (If possible)
This training will take place 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm on:
- Wednesday- Jan. 27
- Wednesday- Feb. 3
Click here to Register Space is limited, so sign up today!
This training is free, but COHHIO will accept an honorarium to assist us with keeping this work moving forward.
For any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org