COHHIO has several training opportunities coming up. To see a complete listing, visit our online calendar page.
Financial Management for Non-Profit Organizations – COHHIO has teamed up with the Ohio Development Services Agency’s Terry Edwards, to offer free training sessions in three locations around the state. Participating nonprofit staff will learn about budgeting, accounting, asset management, and compliance.
Click on the links to register here:
- Findlay August 29, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- Canton August 30, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
- Washington Court House September 20, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
Thank you all for making the Housing Ohio 2017 Conference another record-breaking year. We are already starting to plan next year’s conference and we want to invite you to submit a workshop proposal for the Housing Ohio 2018 Conference. Please use the link here to submit proposals relevant to the work of our industry. Click here to see workshop descriptions from the last conference. The deadline to submit a proposal is Oct. 13.
If you would like to receive regular updates on upcoming training opportunities or have questions, send an email to COHHIO’s Training & Technical Assistance Coordinator Josh Johnson.
Josh and other COHHIO staff have been visiting model programs around the state to learn from agencies that are putting best practices and innovative strategies into action. If you would like to demonstrate the good work your agency is doing fighting homelessness in your community, email Josh.
Here are a few of the other upcoming events on our radar:
- The Ohio Rural Housing Conference in Cincinnati, Sept. 11-13, hosted by the Council for Rural Housing and Development.
- The Ohio Department of Mental Health Ohio and Addiction Services’ Housing University in Columbus, Sept. 25-26.
- Healthy Housing – Healthy Kids, the Ohio Healthy Homes Network’s Fall Forum in Columbus, Sept. 28.
- L&HHC’s Midwest Regional Conference on Lead and Healthy Housing in St. Louis, MO, Oct. 3-4.
- Celebration of Human Services, in Cleveland Oct. 20, hosted by the Center for Community Solutions.
- The Ohio Housing Conference in Columbus Nov. 7-9, co-hosted by the Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing and the Ohio Housing Finance Agency.