Join us for our People Empowerment Party on National Voter Registration Day – Sept. 25!
This National Voter Registration Day, we are trying something new: we’re bringing the party directly to voters in Ohio’s most under-represented communities. Voting advocates across the state will dispatch to housing and community service organizations to register voters over a free meal.
SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE AS A HOST OR VOLUNTEER (If you have already signed up to volunteer with Ohio Votes you will be contacted directly about participating in NVRD. You may register here or wait for the follow-up email.)
- 5:00 Check in at your county’s meet-up location
- 5:15-5:45 All volunteers will go through a brief on-sight voter registration training
- 5:45 You and your partner will go to an assigned registration site
- 6-8 People Empowerment Party – Register voters over free dinner and help them learn about the 2018 ballot
- 8:15 Drop off registration forms to meet-up location
- 8:30 Grab a drink with other volunteers at a locally-owned business nearby, and celebrate your contribution to your community and democracy!
Upcoming Voting Events and Registration Opportunities Near You:
- Sept 18 – Columbus – The State of Ohio’s Millennial Vote, by NLCbus, CCC, and CULYP
- Sept 22 – Columbus – What Justice Looks Like? Transforming the Criminal Legal System
- Sept 29 – Columbus – Reinventing Leadership: Democracy School Training
- Oct 9 – Columbus – 2018 Candidate Meet & Greet – Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Oct 11 – Columbus – Come out and Vote! LGBTQ GOTV event
- Columbus – League of Women Voters event calendar
- Sept 22 – Cleveland – Screening of Dispatches from Cleveland, Presented by Cleveland Votes
- Oct 3 – Cleveland – Universities, Education, and Free Expression
- Oct 6 – Cleveland – Reinventing Leadership: Democracy School Training
- Oct 9 – Cleveland – ADA: More than an Access Ramp
- Cleveland – League of Women Voters event calendar
- Akron – League of Women Voters event calendar
- Sept 21 – Toledo – Fair Housing Summit
- Oct 3 – Toledo – Voters Forum: Focus on Disability Issues – hosted by Partners for Inclusion
- Toledo – League of Women Voters event calendar
- Oct 20 – Cincinnati – Reinventing Leadership: Democracy School Training
- Cincinnati – League of Women Voters event calendar
- Dayton – League of Women Voters event calendar
Have an event you’d like to see included on this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Partner Spotlight: Indivisible District 12
I cannot say enough positive things about the OH12 group. These folks have submitted over 200 registrations in just two weeks! Which of you other partners are going to keep pace with them? This team camped outside of Columbus State all last week and canvassed in Mansfield and Zanesville over the weekend. To say these folks are dedicated would be an understatement. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Are you a voting advocate looking for opportunities to register voters?