In early 2017, a team of service providers and system leaders representing a five-county region in Southeast Ohio (SEOH) were awarded funding as part of the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP), a federal initiative to develop community responses to prevent and end youth homelessness. The SEOH YHDP region includes Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Meigs and Vinton counties.
As a part of this initiative a work group was formed with members from COHHIO, Sojourners, Integrated Services, and other individuals and organizations from the SEOH region to write a Coordinated Community Plan (CCP) to guide the implementation of new projects with the overall goal of ending youth homelessness in the five county YHDP area. This CCP will be released to the public soon.
The five-county region is also recruiting new members for the Youth Action Board (YAB). The YAB is a board made up of youth who are 14 to 24 years old who live in the five-county region. The intention of the YAB is to cultivate youth voice and infuse that voice into policy and program planning to aid in ending youth homelessness.
If you are interested, or know anyone who may be interested, in joining the YAB you can get more information from COHHIO’s Youth Initiative Specialist Sam Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the SEOH YHDP region, The Ohio Balance of State Continuum of Care (BoSCoC) and the YHDP Leadership Team are releasing a Request for Letters of Interest to administer projects funded through this demonstration program.
- To be eligible to submit an LOI in response to this request, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a non-profit organization or unit of local government
- Have experience administering federal and/or state funds, and be in good standing with current funders
- Have experience administering programs and services that assist people experiencing homelessness and/or housing crises, and/or programs serving youth and young adults
- Have experience administering programs in at least one of the five counties included in the SEOH YHDP area
- Be willing to deliver assistance through the full five-county area
LOI Submission Deadline
Interested applicants must submit LOIs to the YHDP Team by March 9, 2018 at email@example.com
The Request for Letters of Interest can be found at: https://cohhio.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/YHDP-LOI-Final.docx
Any questions about YHDP and this Request for Letters of Interest can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org