COHHIO has an opening for a Youth Housing Initiative Coordinator. This position is full-time and will work under the direction of the Managing Director to implement the goals of this program.
Purpose: Assist in the implementation and oversight of COHHIO’s Youth Housing Initiative Program, including setting and monitoring goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with community based organizations and divers constituencies
- Strong organizational, communication and written skills
- Computer literacy
- Critical and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience in collaboration with other professional staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask while managing time well
- Proven ability in both written and oral communication required
- Experience in working with diverse populations as well as knowledge of homeless services strongly preferred
- Must maintain a high degree of organization, accuracy, integrity, arid confidentiality in the performance of job duties
- A minimum of three to five years experience required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required
Plan, organize and evaluate program activities as outlined in program grants.
- Technical assistance and training related to:
- Prioritizing youth experiencing homelessness in CoC planning
- Best practices for housing youth/young adults
- Convene and facilitate Ohio Runaway and Homeless Youth Provider Workgroup’s quarterly meetings
- Coordinate with Balance of State CoC partners to implement youth inclusive Coordinated Entry guidance and incorporate a common tool throughout Balance of State CoC to assess young adults entering homeless system
- Develop curriculum and implement regional collaboratives to support development of a coordinated community response to housing and serving youth and young adults experiencing homelessness within CoC regions
- State agency cross-systems coordination
- Partner with stakeholders to develop youth housing policies and standards by which existing systems will need to meet in order to effectively and efficiently respond to homeless and unstably housed youth/young adult population with history of trauma and/or victimization
- Implement and expand ‘Taking Charge’ initiative
- Stay informed of community services and programs and available resources
- Other duties as assigned
Competitive salary based on experience with generous benefits package.
Applying for this position
- Sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line should read: Youth Initiative Position
- Attach both resume and cover letter in PDF format
- Applications received not following above instructions will not be considered
COHHIO will acknowledge receipt of your submission.
COHHIO will accept applications until the position is filled.